View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 11:33 AM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
DSX is coming to market, soon, with their own PI and controller, that doesn't require any of the cheating that everything else out there does (I have heard it won't be the only option, but I don't know more than that, and I do not know when). Their latest FB post shows their only physical connection to the E92 is cam and crank signals, and the rest will be software communications (for lack of correct terminology) between their controller and an updated OS for HPTuners, essentially. I'm cheating the fueling side with the REFLEX (which seems to be limiting me to where I am now), but the convention is to cheat airflow MAF, PE, and TORQUE models with little limitations when calibrated by someone who knows what they're doing. If someone like me could catch on (and I've had a good bit of help), pretty much anyone could, too, IMO (all the information, really, is out there). It's still not perfect, but I change stuff too much to ever "finish" anything, so that's mostly my fault. The point is, is I would advocate for adding PI over upgrading the DI now. A couple of years ago, that would not be the case, but it fits, perfectly, within my needs, and will go as far as I would ever need to. I would still LOVE to see the other option ( ;-) ) come to market, for sure, but at least DSX will be there soon. The only downside I see, which may be meaningless in the grand scheme, is technically - PI fueling gets in the way of airflow (the fuel in the ports take up space that airflow would otherwise be able to occupy), so theoretically - you would not make as much power as you would on DI (among atomization attributes of the DI, and other stuffs I can't think/know of). BTR did a dyno test on a Gen V wherein it had PI and DI. He ran with the PI only and then did a pull with the DI, and there was a HUGE difference in power favoring the DI. Blah blah blah...

Personally - I'd go with adding PI, in light of all that. It's a little more complicated, but it keeps the intake ports pretty clean, and can give you all the headroom you need.

JMVHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote