View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 08:19 AM   #1
Thestormoverkrynn

Drives: Camaro Zl1
Roto Fab air filter replacement? when how?

hey what's up guys,

Searched the forums and i can't seem to find an answer for this but i recently installed a roto-fab air filter on the 2021 camaro zl1 1le. Now i've had it on there at least 1 summer, so far, and it looks pretty dirty. My question is, i've looked online and people say to just tap it against a wall and vaccuum it from the outside retighten it and turn 1/4 back when done... First question... Is this for real ? i can just vacuum this up? and good to go ? second question installation correct as i've stated? Third question, when does it actually need replacing ?

What about the catch can. How often should i drain that? every oil change? Open it up and dump? or just drain from bottom?

Installed a Ron Davis Heat exchanger... Does this need servicing?

Installed a Magnusson 2450 R .. Already found out, did that wrong, needed to get it burped, kept spitting out fluid through the reservoir cap. Realized real quick not to touch that cap unless the car is running.. But any maintenance on this? used clamps no silicone. had to redo the bolts and put blue locktight. As they started backing out. I'm just worried what else can go wrong... ffs.

Ar Headers with stage 8 locks. This better not back out! Stupid exhaust hits every speed bump now... But i love the sound.

Somehow melted the metallic brake pads, fused to rotor. Was advised there is a cooldown procedure for these... Some people are actually putting anti rust and anti seize on their disc brakes which scares me a little. I'm told Ceramic pads don't do this, but don't perform as well? Any advice ? What are you guys doing about sticky brakes?

Replaced the rims, put sport cup 2 or 3 i cant remember which one. Didnt like the look of the tire on my rim, wanted the r88r... Couldnt get em. Put Hoosiers circuit tires on the original Rims. But now i'm caught up in drag racing, so here we go with rims and tires again? What did u gys do ?

Can u gys think of anything else i should be aware of with this car?

Andrew
Thestormoverkrynn is offline   Reply With Quote