View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 02:24 PM   #119
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Well, just went through your build pages, and man just gotta say, WOW!! You've got a lot done on this project, and looks great so far!! On the wheels, I like #1 and #4, and as SSE said, I'm also liking the Forgelines the best! I think they would be your ticket to stardom with the build. Keep up the great work, I'm impressed!!
Love you Guys - you would pick the most expensive wheels which is the Forgeline's #4.
But I tend to agree, it will be the Forgeline TA3's, or the Resto Mod's #3 which closely mirror the look of the Year One Snowflakes, but they don't quite pop like the Forgelines.
#1 Buford T's are nice, but a little "busy", andt the Pro Wheels #2 is a no go.

Finished sanding the Fascias and Hood yesterday, as the rain held off long enough to get the work done. These parts are pretty darn good quality, only one small blemish on the Hood in the last pic.

Now to break out my Paint Guns and adjust the spray patterns:
1. Iwata LPH400 - this is a great gun, with (2) tips for BC/CC. Used to paint large panels as it can throw some paint.
2. TCP Global Professional Gravity Feed HVLP Spray Gun with a 2.0mm Fluid Tip, 1 Liter Aluminum Cup and Air Regulator. My dedicated Primer Gun with a larger 2.0mm tip. Primers tend to struggle and splatter out if using a smaller tip like a 1.2 or 1.4 tip.
3. TCP Global Mini Gravity Feed Spray Gun with .8mm, 5mm & 1.0mm Needle & Nozzle Sets & Side Mounted Rotating Cup. A smaller gun for small parts and precision painting, and hard to get to areas.
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote