View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 08:35 AM   #123
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Inching ever closer to painting parts, may paint a few of the smaller pieces over the next few days, and dial in the Paint Gun's.

Uncovered the "Beast Camaro" in prep for moving it out and into the House Garage to make space for painting. Fired it up and shook the Barn, nothing like a Whipple Blown LS3 with a big Blower Cam huffing through LT's w/o Cats and a Borla Atak Catback. That machine is going for a rip real soon when I finally boot the Wife's car out of the Garage, and then park it next to the Bandit. I learned to store the Bandit with the Hood Up to preserve the pressure charge in the Billet Hinge Gas Struts. They are ridiculously expensive to replace.

Forgot I had to wet sand the Side Rocker Panels, they were surprisingly rough even with this car's low mileage. Had to remove the "Xpel" protective film and weather strips first, and then sanded the crap out of them with 220 grit then scotch brite. Pic's document where the Xpel film is applied for replacement reference, nice shiny Paint underneath this stuff. Found some replacement bulk film on Amazon.

I also have a set of EOS ZL1 style Rockers that I got from Phastek, they require some gymnastics to install based on the YouTube Vids I found. And Paint. If they don't cut it, they will be Wall Art along with the OEM Hood.

Also decided to repaint the Deck Lid, hoping it will be less work than buffing it out and using a ton of compound. Looks like I need to scrub it a little more to remove all clear coat shine.

Dragged out my trusty Craftsman Compressor from the House Garage, I had to rebuild after custom painting the '73 Camaro. I wore it out.

I am right on track as to where I need to be to start painting - so stay tuned as this should be a combination of exciting, meticulous work, frustrating, and probably a few disasters along the way.
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote