View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 05:07 PM   #10
Unaf-Ford-able

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
My advise is to read this thread thoroughly.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71994

There is a wealth of information scattered throughout. There's also a particular post that outlines the procedure for setting the rear toe and camber, and a lot of other info as well. I printed it out and keep it in the file for my car both digital and hard copy. As I'm amassing parts for a suspension upgrade now myself, I am consulting the thread often to make sure the things I'm doing should play nicely together while achieving my goals.

I literally interviewed a half dozen different alignment techs before I chose the one I'd let work on my car. Had a couple of shops tell me they didn't have time for me to talk to the tech, I walked out. Each of us are different, but I refuse to drop my car off somewhere and walk away without knowing who will be working on my car. Most often I'm lurking around, learning as well as monitoring. Not making myself a nuisance, but available if the least little problem arises.. Even my local tire shop has only one guy who's allowed to touch my vehicles. I don't want special treatment, but I do expect the quality of service to match the $$ I'm paying for.
I find it fascinating that the 'Caster Eccentrics' mentioned in regards to Pedders appear to be no longer available.

Also, in regards to your last sentence, hell yes, most shops I am familiar with here of late are all ran by sociopath shop owners who hire the cheapest labor available and then charge dealership rates for their work.

Last edited by Unaf-Ford-able; 05-08-2024 at 06:32 PM.
Unaf-Ford-able is offline   Reply With Quote