View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 05:38 PM   #5
Unaf-Ford-able

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
That's a great combination - going to a square setup is full of upsides. It kills most of the understeer bias in the chassis, and it gives you the ability to rotate tires. I ran 275/40/20 square for years - big fan.
I've already got a set of 8.5"/10" somewhat-lightweight aftermarket 20" wheels for this car, but I already know that these cars need decent tires up front, and the widest I might be able to get away with would be a 255/40, and oddly enough, a Michelin in that size is ridiculously priced.

I'm simply trying to start off with a basic, neutral setup and work my way up from there. Given the increasingly insane wheel prices out there (I typically worked with 17" or 18" wheels before landing this Camaro) for anything of fairly decent quality in a 20x9 and up, I thought I'd just try out that wheel size in a stocker on both ends and see how the car behaves. I thought about trying a 19" wheel (there are some fascinating wheels on sale right now in a 19"), but the offsets look ridiculous (almost as if the 5th gen wasn't designed for a 19" wheel), so I thought I would stick with 20's.
Unaf-Ford-able is offline   Reply With Quote