View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #69
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
Pure speculation, but I think they are using that color to try to boost sales with the younger generation. Average purchase age of Camaros so far is what?? 42 or something like that? My 20 year old likes the green. He said "it stands out", which really means it will get more attention. At 20, he has one thing on the brain :tweetz:

If attracting the youth is GMs goal, I think GM missed the mark on this one. The youth is nutz over this car already but it simply costs too much. Can't tell you how many of his friends have said that they can't wait till they can pick one up used for about 15K.

Be very careful of "average age" --

You will find that when it comes to performance cars (where insurance is an issue) - -the BUYER/person to whom the car is registered, and the DRIVER of the car are two different people - -the BUYER/ptwtcir is the parent - for their son or daughter -- and by being in the parent's name/names, the insurance is more affordable.......... (I didn't say this practice is legal...)

The reality is that the average age of the driver of the Camaro (and Mustang) is younger than the buyer/person to whom the car is registered....

As I mentioned in an earlier post - go to NAIAS - and from the Chevrolet Exhibit I can see TWO other cars in a very similar color - Toyota and Mazda.....

As to "we need it on an SS" -- I tend to agree with that assessment - but keep in mind that this is a limited edition - who knows - perhaps there might be a Synergy Green Camaro SS at some point in the future.....if there is evidence of acceptance on the V6.........

And I don't want to offend anyone - but the pictures of the car at SEMA are not representative of what the car looks like in daylight - a point we'll make later this year when they hit the road....... (....same as with ABM looking different in various settings....)