View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
Jophiel

Drives: None
I got a... Mustang?!

Hey guys!
I'm back..

Backstory: I'm a freshman at UT who made a deal with my mom that if I got higher than a 3.5 GPA my first year she'd get me a new muscle car. I have a 3.9 GPA so yay, right? Since last September I've been dropping major hints at wanting a camaro.

Today. Apr 22, 2010.

I just turned 19! My mom wakes me up at 7:30 with a bunch of pictures of a badass, beautiful... mustang! I'm not an ungrateful kid, don't get me wrong. But i feel like a hypocrite. I used to talk shit about mustangs (not that they're ugly, just in comparison to camaros...) and glorfiy each and every camaro I saw on the road in anticipation of owning my own one day. Now, I'm the mustang owner.

Anywas, I havn't given up. I still want a camaro ls or 1lt. However, I need advice on how I should go about it. The reason my mom got the 2010 mustang instead of the 2010 camaro is because it was cheaper and she managed to get a 1.9% rate of interest (which is great).

I was thinking maybe I could work for a chevy dealership in order to pay for my car note myself (since mom's paying for the stang), get a discount for being an employee, and then trade in the stang for a camaro (hopefully I could even get a special deal for good grades? I'M DESPERATE HERE!)..

What do you guys think? I feel bad about not being as happy as I should after getting a brand new 2010 mustang but after idolizing camaros for so long and then ending up with a car I didn't like as much... I feel kind of lame. I feel like if I settle for the stang then I might as well give up on the camaro, ya know?

If anyone has good advice please help me out.

Edit: For those who care, I'm not sure about the specs. I'm still at UT until finals are over. I do know that it isn't GT and that it is V6 and automatic (however, I'm okay with v6 and auto although I know some of you guys can't stand that :P).

Last edited by Jophiel; 04-23-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Jophiel is offline   Reply With Quote