View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
CamaroCleve
Heavy Chevy Rider

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro+ '82 Berlinetta
Viper 5901 Remote Start Question

Ok. I should've done my own research (rather than trusting the opinions of BestBuy's "experts") but I was told that I would have to purchase the 5901 Viper model (with 1 mile Remote Start) in order to have both the 1 way and 2-way digital remote, so I found a new model for purchase on Ebay. The installation guy told me that I also must purchase a Universal Start Interface Module that you have to place your key in, and its hidden in the car (which I also found cheaper on Ebay) in order to get the remote start to work.

I told the BestBuy guy that my car came with remote start standard, and gave him my spare flip key...the next day, he tells me that because of how the key is made by GM, it can't be used for the remote start...he also says that GM doesn't make "regular" flat keys that can be used (which was also confirmed by my dealership). This is AFTER he DESTROYED my spare key (BestBuy is reimbursing me for it), but essentially, as of now I cant even use the 1 mile Radius Viper Remote Start......

Is there anyway around this to get the Viper Remote Start to work?

Thanks in advance!!
CamaroCleve is offline   Reply With Quote