View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #41
Motorhead79

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I think i'm getting to the bottom of the issue. The GM natl's gave alot in insite to the issue. It turns out that GM is in the final stages of releasing a bulletin in regards to the transmission. When i was at the show i talked directly with some key GM representatives that wish to remain annonomous. They couldn't go into details of what there resolve is but something is in the works. 2nd after much discussion a major culprit to our issue is the actual gearing in to transmission. 1st gear's ratio is 4.48, then second is 2.48. Thats a huge jump, so the faster the RPM's the harder the synchros are working to the mesh the gearing correctly. culprit #2 is the fluid there using in the system. The Clutch is Dot3 fluid the transmission on the other hand is GL5 75w 90 gear oil. Thats some thick stuff, so cold starting and cold launching is going to be a big issue. I have received approval from GM to change my fluid to Synthetic GL5 75w 90 its the same viscosity but its not as bad as standard oil. Most GM Techs i've spoke with are baffled as to why GM has resorted back to that heavy of a grade oil. Most trans fluids used to date, and yes were talking manuals too is Dexron type fluids. Now i've talked with people that have drained the tranny system and replaced it with standard Dexron ATF fluid and have had a big improvement to the shifting. BUT... it's not something i'd wanna do since using it isn't approved and it'll VOID your warranty. Hope this sheds some light and i'll provide more details as they come to me.
Motorhead79 is offline   Reply With Quote