View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #619
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP-SS View Post
All this talk about a TUNE ruining the warranty are we talking about giving the car a whole bunch of HP and whatever (the engine and car as built cant handle)? Here's my question, if I get a tune to just get rid of the AFM (if you can), have a Catback exhaust and maybe get a CAI and I drive normally (nothing crazy) do I really need to worry about the car breaking??? Or, I'm happy with 400hp and just want to get rid of the AFM, will a TUNE hurt me or the car? Thanks
NO the tune is very low risk...

The issue is what GM says is safe operating conditions of the car.

Any mod changes those conditions. The tune is the core of making most aftermarket bolt ons produce the best results. Mostly by changing the Air fuel ratio and so on.

so the tune isn't voiding the warranty cus it does damage. It could be the cause of a denied warranty claim because it changes the operating parameters of what GM claims to be safe.

The LS3 L99 are way over built. I'm safely getting 540 rwhp on a stock ls3...

so don't worry about most mods damaging the car...

What we are saying is, if you have to have the warranty, or can't afford to fix the car yourself, don't mod the car...

If you do mod the car then you accept responsibility for the possibility of a denied warranty claim. Period.