View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
Except for the whole clutch pedal, where the driver can decide when (and how aggressively) they want to engage the clutch.

From first hand experience, I would tell you that if you ever hit black ice, a manual transmission is better to have because you have more control over the acceleration of the car. You want to be able to keep the car going at a constant speed. (I hit black ice going across country once in a manual transmission car. If it wasn't for the manual, I would have crashed).

And this is just one example of where this is important. No matter what, you have more control over the car with a manual transmission. This is fact.
Please explain how you benefited on the black ice with your manual over an auto.

I understand engaging your clutch half way or all the way and disengaging it as well. But you're telling me, that you used that to somehow control your car on black ice? Where was your right foot? I'm confused. You are a pretty damn good driver to be able to use the engine AND the regular brakes and need the engine to be only partialy engaged while one foot is on the brake and one on the partialy engaged clutch.

Now, I'm assuming you were sliding and needing to correct the car.