View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Maybe but if at all possible I think it should go to GM's Heritage center in it's current/whatever condition. From the looks of it the car looks structurally sound and with some obvious floor, frame, and trunk patchwork along with new skins who knows..

As for restoration.. I don't think that's included. From how I read it the car is being sold 'As Is'.

You're essentially paying 75K for the body/VIN plate
I would bet that it is not very sound unless its a tube frame of sum type and that means more work to try to restore. From the pics big section of floor missing (uni body car spells bad things), fiberglass front end and tubs. More then likely the cars has been back halved meaning all stock suspension and mounts are gone and most likely replaced with ladder bar or four link. Also leading me to believe the car has some type of tube frame conversion. With all the work that would need to be done to bring the car back to life you end up with at least 75% of the car being replaced (the rear quarter look suspect too). So the Roof and A an B pillars along with the vin are not replaced (everything else would have to be replaced and w/ GM parts, not likely). To the purest that spells and that's who would bid on a car of this nature. Not to mention what Hylton said try to find the original 6 and air cooled powerglide. I bet they were melted for scrap ages ago. JMO, but shared by allot of Gen 1 owners. As far as the 28K that's what he said a local resto shop gave a bid at and that seems very low. I would never trust just anyone to do a resto on this type of car and the price is "as is" and that's my whole point by saying get in a contract, because nothing seems to add up.

Last edited by GrnMchin; 10-30-2010 at 12:21 AM.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote