View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #352
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Well, trials and tribulations hit home...

Apparently the motor delivered is not the motor ordered... I'll be at the shop first thing in the morning to talk with Corey.

He sent me a text message late this afternoon while my wife and I were eating dinner on the way to Cirque Do Soleil, and told me the motor wasn't right... He had tried to get ahold of the company, but they were closed for the evening... so, he texted the builder sales rep he works with, he sent a fax, he sent an email and left voice messages. He is going to be on the phone with me there listening at 7:00 am... They did send a 427, and it has all forged internals, but, it doesn't have the Callies crank or the upgraded rods... We are planning on lots of boost, so... these were important...

Here is the delimma...

If we go with this motor, are we limited to future boost levels, and if we wait on the other motor, my car may not be ready for the Fest...

I've tried to stay relatively sane about it.... my wife is pretty impressed so far...

I really like the idea of an over engineered motor rather than one that is running on the ragged edge... so... Time will tell.. I'll know more in the morning...

If they can get the replacement motorout within a week, I'll make them get me the new one, if not, it's tough decision time... We waited two and a half months for this one... I do not want to miss the fest... but at the same time I dont want to be severly restricted in future plans...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote