View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 06:47 PM   #370
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Thank you everyone for the advice and warm wishes...

I had a talk with Corey, we talked to the gentleman at ERL, and all is good...

We are going with the motor they delivered... The guy at ERL absolutely stands behind this motor 100% and said that the parts we discussed upgrading to, are what they use in their extremely high HP 6 bolt head applications. There was never any intention to decieve, it was just a mis-communication between Corey and thee guy at ERL. They discussed upgrading, and felt it wasn't necessary, but decided to anyway just for grins and gigggles...Well, the last decision wasn't written down and there it is...

He re-assured us that this motor and it's internals are substantially more than we will need for our intentions. Corey did say that he had originally purposely over-engineered the build.

After the phone conversation, I asked Corey point blank if he trusted this guy, and he told me he did.... It was pointed out to the guy at ERL that there are around 40,000 people on Camaro5 and lots of them are following this build, and I have had countless PM's from folks, both watching out of curiosity, and out of the desire to do the same build, and they would all have access to the information if something did fail... The response was an unequivical no problem... he is standing behind the motor, and will do so down the road...He was also told the car was going to a national, International event in April and if it broke there there would be some egg... Same no doubt it would be good answer. He also threw out a couple of names, one, a guy running a sand dragster making 1800 HP with a turbo setup that is running the exact same internals, and has gone for two years without going into the motor, and another guy running the same internals with a 6 bolt head making 2000 HP in a drag strip car, and no problems...

All in all, I feel comfortable, Corey is satisfied, and we are continuing with the build... They are still a great rod, they just aren't finished to the same degree, they are same manufacturer, and same forgings...

We started building the motor up and it's progressing well...Joe, Racer778, stopped by and we visited for a while. After looking at everything, he seemed very comfortable with it as well... I know it's not his money, but I respect his opinion...

I leave for Brazil tomorrow afternoon, but I feel Brandi is in good hands, and she should easily be ready for the Trek West...

So, while I'm gone, they will finish the motor, install the new clutch and turbo kit, break it in, dyno it, make a couple of passes at the track, (to insure the car is stable at the launch and at the top end) get the spoiler painted and finish the install on that, install the gauges and the gauge pod, install the line lock, etc.......

Corey will not make passes to try to break world records, he will just be making sure it's all stable with the major suspension changes we have made, and he will be data logging while running it....

Again, Thank You All for the support, I appreciate it more than you could know, and I hope and pray that none of you ever has the oppurtunity to ever say.... "I told you so." I feel very confident that it wont happen..

Unless someting comes up in the next three to four weeks, I'll be seeing you all at the Fest... with Brandi...Yes that weighed on my mind, but I'm comfortable with the decision....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...

Last edited by SSE 4 2SS; 03-11-2011 at 07:37 PM.
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote