View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 06:21 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The main deal with that, is they need to design an engine with DI in mind. It's not as easy as poking some fuel injectors into the cyllinder.

Then you've got to EPA it, cause it's a new engine, test it, etc...the list goes on. Couple that to the massive amount of different engines GM has, and you can see the issue. But the new generation small-blocks will all supposed to be Direct Injected. Which is exciting news

As for the DI being put into the Camaro...I think this has been discussed before: probably not as the base engine. But if it's a real hit in the fat caddy...I can see it being used as a High-feature V6. But, who knows...
Thats part of the reason why GM cars end up with good value. They have high end lines that cover the cost of development and then pass down some of the things that work well into the lower levels. Other companies just can't do that to the same degree
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote