View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 01:00 AM   #707
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Wow, where to start... uhm, ok first and foremost, this car is in bad need of something you would call a Driver Mod... Brandi is way faster than the driver... for now... I need some serious seat time with the power and the clutch....

First things first... spent the day at the shop, going over things and took my first drive in Brandi coming back from lunch... On the stock P-Zero's, tire spinning is not a problem, regardless of the gear or speed... when you apply the boost, it gets loose... but it's incredibly predictable.... So far, she hasn't done anything crazy... she wiggles when she walks, but it's very slight and OMG does it climb through the mach meter in a frigg'in hurry...

We got the new tires and wheels from Nine Ball, (Tony) mounted on the car and after checking everything again, we headed out for the track....

I drove her to Marion where the track is located... Corey and Narc rode in Coreys car, and on the way over, I eased by them a couple of times....

We did run into a little snag at the track, as the solenoid for the Line Lock seems to have mechanically failed internally... this was as we were entering the entry to the track...

No biggee, Narc and Corey had it pulled off and back to a normal configuration in no time after we corraled some tools....Thanks Heath...

So, on to tech...Got her checked and numbered... I parked the car and Corey did his thing with the computer... He got everything set and after she had cooled down, Corey took her out for her maiden voyage...

There was a pretty decent group of peeps that came out just to see this thing... Chris, Glen, Conada and family, Bob, and a host of others, Thanks all, I appreciate the support, and the harrasement for not being able to pilot this thing yet... Heath clowned me so bad at one point, I just had to walk away... I had nothing to give... no response, I just walked...

Corey took her out for her maiden voyage... very light burnout and staged... He made a very easy launch... with a 2.55 60 foot time, a 5.61 330 foot time, an 8.02 1/8 mile, and a trap time of 11.86... @ ......mph

He brought her back to the pits and parked, we opened the hood and let her cool down... Corey was data logging the runs, and making some adjustments as he went...

His second pass was a little different.. With a 2.19 60 foot time, 5.31 330', 7.76 1/8 mile, and an 11.56 @ .... mph....

This car is so frigg'in powerful, that with the easy launches, and trying to figure out the shifting points...

In first gear, you better mentally tell yourself to shift at 4500 rpm, because if you wait any longer, it's way too late and you're into the rev limiter... ask ME how I know... Yeah... I found it fairly hard, refer back to the "Driver Mod" in the first paragraph... The car is amazingly quiet... and with the power, and lack of noise, and the fact that it just keeps making power, you dont feel where to shift, and you don't really have the ability to watch the tach...though I'll work on developing that down the road...we are in the meantime, going to install a shift light and program it for the different gears...at least for first gear where everything happens so incredibly fast... Until then, I will be short shifting it in first...

So, anyway, you're probably wondering where the speeds are above... in the first pass... Corey ran the easy launch and the 2.5 60 foot and the 11.86 trap at an amazing 129.38 miles per hour... There was some pretty incredible jaw dropping when this popped on the board... The second pass was 130.93 miles per hour, short shifting first, and slipping the tires with Brandi's ass twitching side to side all the way down the track... Wow, just frigg'in wow... When Brandi gets the bit in her mouth, katy bar the door, this girl is gone... When the boost hits in second gear, she squats and takes off like a guided missle... When this car was stock, I usually shifted into fourth at the finish line if at all, now it's just past half track... since she is going 102 to 104 at the 1/8th mile.... and red line of about 113 hits right after that... In Corey's first run, there was a car in the other lane that ran a 2.24 60', at 330' the other car was still ahead,. He might of thought he beat the Chevy, but... just a short distance further up the track, the 1/8 mile, Brandi almost a full second ahead, 8.052 to 8.994, with a 103 to 82 mph difference... Yup, she runs...

Now to me...

I made a total of three passes over an hour period...

Talked with Corey, and proceeded to the starting area.. Did a very easy lil burnout, and staged... left the line about two grand, and proceeded to slam into the rev limiter... WTF.... grabbed second, Whaaaaa, thats over, punched third, whaaaaaaaaaa, damn these gears go quick, grab..b.b.b.b.bbbb..bbb.b.b.bbbb fourth... I missed it, came off the clutch, and it took a bit to re-synch everything and get her going again... I still ran my fastest time to date in her.. with a 12.48 at 117 mph...

Let her cool, talked some more with Corey, got harrased by the Brandi fan club... Yes hers, not mine... and took her out for a second run... I lined up next to a Roush Stage Three Mustang, and though, this aint their lucky day... but it was not to be... I got beat, and I say... "I" got beat, not Brandi, she tried valiantly to overcome my shortcomings, but I put her in too big of a hole...

I did ok off the line for an easy launch, with a 1.96 60' and then the trouble began... I had a 6.56 330' time... Yup, I missed second sooooo bad.... Finally got her realigned and gave her the bit... By this time the Stang had a pretty substantial lead... 1 second at 330', over a second at the 1/8th mile, but Brandi never quit... I trappped a 13.32, to the Mustangs 12.74, and I was pedaling that Stang down hard at the end... the other car went 110 and I still trapped at 126 inspite of missing 2nd so badly... .6 seconds slower and 16 mph faster...

My last pass of the night, I also missed second and still trapped 126 mph, at a slightly more respectable 12.37... and I was only doing 95.60 mph at the 1/8th mile...

I don't feel bad about my night, since I only had about thirty minutes in the seat prior to making these passes, and it is a brand new clutch to me and the car, so, I'll get her figured out and then hang on to your hats...

The power is OMG amazing... There is no violence, it just keeps building... coming on very early and very fast... but there is no violent slamming or banging, just amazingly strong and smooth power...

Motor, X
Suspension, X
Info centers, X
Driver Mod___ On the way...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...

Last edited by SSE 4 2SS; 04-07-2011 at 01:47 AM.
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote