View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #381
SuperCarEnthusiast

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
they want an elite muscle car image. Just pricing it at 50k does that without even talking tranny. Again they dont care if they sell a lot of these cars, and they never will. This car is a brand image. Either way it doesnt matter, im not getting one and either are you. Personally a waste of money, rather have my ss and 29ft Fountain than just have a car. Again this car wont be for everybody due to tranny, price etc.
If you think that the ZL1 is for image and they are marketing it so that only a few will be sold; then GM and Chevrolet are on the road back to bankruptcy with that type of attitude. If you going to produce a car; you want it to be successful business wise: make a lot of sales, make profit on each unit and have demand for it in the future.

So you saying that Chevrolet will only sell it in manaul to limit the sales of the ZL1 to those who are car enthusiast represented only by the fact that they would by a stick.

BMW now offers the M3 in dual clutch automatic. I would suspect that a M3 buyer is even more of a car enthusiast then a ZL1 buyer is. The M3 buyer will shell out around $70K while the ZL1 will be in the high $50K or even low $60K range.

If you want to get new buyers interest in Chevrolet and specifically the ZL1; you need to broaden your options not limit them to manual that are definitely in the minority of drivers on the road and maybe in the near future on the local tracks too.

I think times are changing and the manual is obsolete. Dual clutch and automatics are the future of automobiles.
SuperCarEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote