View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #42
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
I agree with everyone on this page... Why sell/make a drag wheel for a stock car... I swear it doesn't make sense.

"Well, If I had a stock car, I wouldn't need/want your rims!!"

So to the people at Weld... Let try to do it right this time.... Let make a rim for a modded Camaro... Let me these available for people who might really need these...

Ummmmm, best Idea I've heard all day...

I've never bought a Welds before... and I'm sure not going to now.. Not when there are other options out there. Weld
There are plenty of cars with "stock" suspensions that race and want 17" wheels. That is what they were designed for not for a dropped car.

I have ran 10.9 in the 1/4 and know several low(10.1-10.3) cars running on stock suspensions. You don't have to lower our car to make it fast. I am about to put a TT setup on my brothers Camaro and hope to get into the 9's and it has stock suspension except for the BMR trailing arms.

I take stock to mean stock ride height not stock as in no engine mods at least in the context of Weld Wheels.

Looks like they did not test and were not aware of fitment issues when they sold their first sets but now acknowledge that there are problems so will not warranty if you have a dropped car. They probably should work something out with 94guy since they did not test fit on a lowered car and to avoid bad press. He was essentially their guinie pig. For every one else who has a lowered car don't buy there wheels until they have a solution for you or just don't buy from them period.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote