View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #1945
SSGirl
Life's Good!

Drives: 2SS/RS SW with Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to SSGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SSGirl Send a message via Skype™ to SSGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Here are Ruby's new shoes! And her Happy driver. More pics here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post4949378
Wow Ruby! Those new shoes sure are pretty!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Since we've talked about how people assume our cars belong to our husbands or boyfriends, how people use the term "chick's car" as an insult, and about the comments about women being bad drivers, I figured this is the right place for my little rant...

I was at a car show yesterday (check out the PNW forums for pics - it was really fun, and all the 5th gens in attendance are people who met right here on the forums ). There were 2 models going around, and a photographer was taking their pics with each car. I wondered where the male models were for pics with my car.... I found it rather sexist to assume that the cars were all owned by men. Some firefighters came by later, I wanted to get their pic with Ladybug, but they never walked that direction... :(
Well that sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Well I was taken out on a date this evening. Hubby actually took me to a movie. We went to see Dark Shadows. That was my favorite show as a kid. I loved the TV version of Barnabus Collins & I wanted to be Angelique. Well to tell the truth, I had to threaten that if he did not take me to see it at the theater I would find someone who would. It worked. Here is a pic just before we left. We went to visit my dad & his mother first, then the movie. It was rainy all day here but still nice to go out.
Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaChick View Post
I was told today - "You sure are pretty for a blonde."

Uh.

Well.

After a weird silence, I responded "Well, thank you." Then I just sort of grinned and walked off to help a customer.

WTF was I supposed to say to that?

I guess that was their attempt of being kind and trying to compliment me but it sure sounded weird.

I know I don't say a whole bunch around here but I just wanted have a "CC's WTF Moment" with you all.
UT OH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
So I won my first trophey for show and also a 3rd place in my first drag racing event and I was really excited to call home and tell mom. Well she finally got back from her trip to visit my great aunt and I got to call her today and was so excited to tell her and all I got a was good nagging for taking my car down the track. She didnt even acknowledge my show trophy. I love my mom but lesson learned... dont call her about car stuff.

Winning this stuff is kinda bittersweet anyway. I really wish it was my daddy I could have called. Sucks winning something and the one person you wish you could tell you cant.
Congratulations for both things!! You should be very proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Hi Ladies,
I just thought I'd introduce myself. Proud mommy of a 2010 Synergy manual, Dragonfly.
HI!

"Betty" 2011 2SS/RS
K&N CAI, Customized Graphics, JBA Long Tube Headers, JBA High Flow Cat Back Exhaust, LED Fog Lamps, Heritage Grill, TSW Mirabeau Multipiece Alloy Wheels.
SSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote