View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
jph2275

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Camaro LS3 exhaust v. C5 Z06 exhaust

Camaro5,

I have noticed lately that a c5 corvette z06 has been parking around my apartment and in my parking garage. I dont know the guy, but it looks bone stock...

Except...

The exhaust! This mother trucker is one loud son of a gun. It sounds like a bomb going off every time I hear him get in and start it. And as it pulls away, the exhaust note just bellows and sounds vicious! Like, deafening loud. It seems even more throaty than that exotic mustang dohc exhaust note on some of the more aggressive pony's (cobra termis, etc.). .... BUT STILL GOOD! LIKE, DAMN GOOD!

It got me to wondering...

I have an LS3 with just a vararam intake, straight pipe exhaust, and a tune. My car has plenty of volume, but NOTHING like that Z06. When I start mine, yeah it sounds great, but doesnt have that complete KABOOOOOOM/GROWL that Z06 has on start.

What gives.... Why is that LS6 so much more agressive sounding than the LS3?

(P.S. - I am sure its not cammed, but have no idea on his exhaust set up. Could but long tube headers into cut outs for all I know ... Still I doubt my LS3 would sound the same way if I did longtubes with cutouts... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
As long as it has enough horsepower, I don't really care if it's a 4, a 6, an 8, or a 10.
And I don't really car how they make the horsepower, whether it a Turbo, supercharged or just a whole lot of hamsters.
3.91's, TSP Longtubes, SWG Tune, Vararam, and a heavy foot
jph2275 is offline   Reply With Quote