View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #1737
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
I'm not disputing the fact that Ford clearly built the better car in this performance catagory and I was not the one who brought up the money difference. When I was destroying New Edge style Mustang GT's in my 01 Z28 I could care less that the Mustang option for option was about 2k less. If you do compare them by the hardware that they have I think you need to add the SVT PP and track pack. Thats a hardware vs hardware apples vs apples comparison. I did forget about the GG tax. If your going to leave your car stock this is a mute point but if your going to mod your car the ZL1 does have its advantages. Sure you can get the GT500 without the extra stuff and it would still eat the ZL1 alive at the dragstrip but this is a ZL1 vs GT500 thread so you have to be fair in the comparison and look at everything. I'm a drag oriented person and while I have no use for the diff cooler I totally have use for the trans and oil coolers. The upgraded diff in the GT500 is another plus that I think I could utilize. The suspension in the ZL1 has cut a 1.4x 60ft time so I know that was a plus. I do agree that GM should have made those items optional and if they had maybe the ZL1 would have been under 50k but since they did put them on standard I think to fairly compare it to the competition the GT500 needs to have those option boxes checked. With or without those options I think the GT500 is the better performing car its just if someone is going to compare the money side of it, as other people have done way before me, you have to give it a fair evaluation.