View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #14
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
You are missing the point. It's a risk someone must be willing to make. Since the restructure of GM they have been cracking down, and holding customers to the terms of the warranty.

The problem I have, is when sponsors come on here spouting about the MMWA like it's going to protect and fix everything. The thing is, that's just not the truth and is very irresponsible. My challenge to any sponsor is, if you really believe what you are pushing just to make a sale, back up your words by promising to pay the tab on any denied warranty work based on a product they have sold.

The type of warranty GM has is a Written-Limited. Under this type of warranty it is up to the consumer to abide by the terms just as much as the manufacture. The MMWA is there to protect both parties, and not just the consumer.

The only thing GM has to prove to decline a warranty repair, is that the consumer broke the terms of the warranty. An example of this would be to alter the software that controls the engine operation.
This is what people don't seem to understand. It is like any other contract you sign, you break from the contract, you pay the price. Manufacturers have gotten very smart. Some of us are lucky. We have dealers that are willing to "overlook" the small warranty-voiding mods but when it comes to big repairs such as drivetrain work, the manufacturer is the one who ultimately pays the big bill so if manufacturer wants to validate the repair expense and asks the dealer to confirm the car is still 100% stock to approve or deny the warranty repair, good for them. I would do the same in their shoes. I tune my car, I expect the drivetrain warranty is gone......UNLESS the problem is a known and documented issue (TSB, etc). Otherwise, I don't know about you guys but I don't have the concience or $ or time to fight corporate lawyers.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote