View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #34
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
when we saw the Indiana Camaro Club reps walking around, we asked them about the dash plaques. they said one would obtain them at the Chevy tent but registration was now closed. We were under the impression up to that point that simply having a Camaro in the lot meant you were being judged. Well, even though the times for the car show were printed in the program, no mention of registration was ever made. The announcements were unreliable because unless you happened to find yourself directly in front of a loudspeaker, they were unintelligible. At any rate, we went over to the Chevy tent to plead our case and they were as surprised as we were. At this point we surmised it was the Indiana crew's tent and we went over there. the woman that was manning it was more than helpful, let us register late and the judges, who had already passed long ago (we were on the very outer edge of the parking lot) two gentlemen walked all the way out there to score our cars. so despite some things that could've been done a li'l better, i felt like the gang went pretty far out of their way to make sure everyone was accommodated.

In the end, though, it really didn't matter because up until this point, my design theme has centered around keeping the car looking clean and classic. this means that all of my mods so far were manufactured by GM. so other than changing the color of a few things, my car is completely stock, but there was no stock category so I guess I apologize to those two gentlemen for makin' 'em walk all the way out there. haha.
I sure hope that your partially incorrect in what you said. Car shows are not suppose to be about who has a 7000.00 supercharger. they are about cleanliness, creativity, uniqueness and did I say Cleanliness, paint shine, interior detail, engine detail, hoses, pulleys, frame and undercarriage detail ect. I have been to too many car shows to mention and have seen many different types of scoring techniques, none of which give the trophy to the guy with the most money in his or her car in performance mods. it doesn't work that way. I sure didn't travel out to Indianapolis for a National Camaro Car show for that. I enjoyed the fest a lot, I am concerned that we have not seen car show results as of yet, that is extremely unusual. I know, I go to car shows every weekend! The show was advertised and I knew it was between 4 30 and 6 30. I did think that was a bit odd, cause car shows usually go much longer then that. I didn't see any news about when to register but assumed to get my rear their early as usual. if you were judged you got a green dot so you knew you were judged and could relax and enjoy the other things the fest had to offer and stop polishing your car, LOL. I did appreciate that.
I think next year you could use a fallback position at the host hotel for in climate weather to announce winners and publish that in the booklet. just a thought. oh and I thought you may want to post a small sign in the host hotel and carryover hotel in the lobby with information. I assumed some things would be posted there each day. Could be a good way of communicating any changes in the program. just a thought. you guys did a great job, I know how hard it is to pull this off, I have run a lot of events for major car clubs and other organizations, it's not easy! I'm looking forward to next year.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote