View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
UFC 153

The event is this weekend! Who is checking it out? I know I am. Here is a brief rundown of the card and my prediction. What are your thoughts?

Phil Davis v Wagner Prado: Mr. Wonderful Phil Davis was on a tear in the UFC, using his high level wrestling to neutralize a lot of well-rounded fighters like Gustafson and little Nog. But his aura slowed a bit when he was handedly beaten by Rashad. Wagner Prado is riding a lot of hype himself, and has big power. Can the wrestling of Davis neutralize his stand-up? I don’t think it can. I have Wagner taking a 29-28 decision.

Jon Fitch v Erick Silva: Fitch was long regarded as the best welterweight not named GSP. However, his wrestling technique, smothering top game, and lack of finishes have earned him a lot of criticism. He was also knocked out in his last outing against a very game Hendricks. Silva is riding a lot of hype and has been extremely impressive. He may just be the next ‘big thing’ at welterweight. I see Silva ending this in the second round via TKO.

Glover Teixeira vs Fabio Maldonado: This one promises fireworks. Teixeira’s debut was an obliteration of Kyle Kingsbury, and he is already living up to his hype. However, he is fighting another well rounded power house in Maldonado. Both men have promised that their game plan is focused on showing who is the more powerful striker, and both are looking to cement themselves as a top tier fighter. I am really looking forward to this. I think Teixeira narrowly has the better hands. Teixeira via second round KO.

Minotauro Nogueira v Dave Herman: Big Nog is finally back from the gruesome loss he suffered to Frank Mir. Pee Wee Herman has been on a roll as of late. But Big Nog rebounds well, and he always seems to win fights against up-and-comers in the division, like Schaub. Look for Big Nog to show he is still a top 10 heavyweight. Big Nog via first round submission.

Main Event:
Anderson Silva v Stephan Bonnar: A fight nobody saw coming, but two old school fighters stepped up to save a failing PPV card. This fight is at 205, which is only Silva’s third bout in the weight class. Unfortunately, that is the only advantage for Bonnar, as Silva can outclass him in just about every aspect of the fight, save grappling. Bonnar is tough as nails and has never been finished. He will keep coming forward and make this an exciting fight. But Silva continues his legendary roll, and I see a second round TKO victory as Bonnar gets overwhelmed.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote