View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
RamGrad

Drives: '11 2LT/RS Vert, '68 Chevy C10
2LT A6 - RPMs wont drop in Sport Mode

Ok my brilliant Camaro brethren help me out...

So this is sort of difficult to explain, and has only happened 3 or 4 times but most recently last week, and only in Sport Mode. When the trans is in sport mode, and I accelerate hard (there are a few roads around my house with stoplights and speed limits of 65 so you can get some good 0-70 runs in) the car runs like a banshee until I let off the throttle at 65 or 70 mph. When I let off the throttle the car stops accelerating, like it should, but the RPS won’t drop. I let off the accelerator petal, the RPMs stay where they were at (usually between 4k and 5k) and won’t drop until I go into manual mode and hit the paddle to shift up to the next gear. So I have to hit the paddle once to go into “M” mode and once more to shift up and get the revs down. I also tried moving the shifter from Sport to Drive with no luck, the PRMs stay high. Has anyone else experienced anything like this or heard of this? I did a quick search on here and could not find anything. I have a 2011 2LT RS if that helps.
RamGrad is offline   Reply With Quote