View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Ntmd8r

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS L99 A6
Alternative to Pirelli P Zero Tires

My 2012 2SS RS L99 A6 has 20 inch P Zeros on it.
The car has about 5000 miles. I have put about 1000 of these on since I got it in Dec. last year.

In a nutshell, I think the P Zero tires are TERRIBLE.

They are horrible in the wet (no grip to speak of), and are only slightly better in the dry.

Yes, I know, where I live (Vancouver), we get our fair share of wet days and it is somewhat cold for several months. And the police describe my style of driving as "spirited".

But when I had my 2001 Camaro, I shod it with BFGoodrich KDW II tires.
They were VERY good in the wet, and VERY Good in the dry.

I am used to EXTREMELY good tires in the dry.... we race our 2007 Corvette, and we know what Hoosier A6 and Toyo R888 tires are like for EXTREME autocrossing. So I do know what I want and like.

Now I don't expect my Camaro daily driver to respond/react like the Corvette with its sticky tires, but I'd like it to at least respond as good as the 2001 did with the BFG KDWs.

So, sometime over the next few months, I am going to get rid of the P Zeros, and I want to get something that is comparable to the BFG KDW II.
If BFG made a KDW II in a size to fit the Camaro, I'd buy them in a heartbeat. But, as of right now, they don't.

So... what would you people recommend/suggest as a comparable alternative ? Your experiences would be appreciated.

Michelin PS SS
Nitto Invo

??????
SLP Loudmouth exhaust,
CAI intake,
RPI Splash guards

C7 Triple Black Z51 MN6 Convertible ordered
Ntmd8r is offline   Reply With Quote