View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #14
ayousef

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by antman View Post
Thanks for everyone's feedback! Makes me lean more to getting one put in. Is there anything more than putting on a valve cover breather to get proper ventilation?
let me tell you of my personal experience a few days ago, a friend of mine with a 13psi TVS2300 416 silverado truck kept on blowing the rear main seal, a mere 5 seconds of full throttle were all he needed to kill a brand new seal, he had a breather on the oil cap, passenger side breather hose into the CAI after the MAF and the drivers side going into an RX catch can and into the blower.

His engine definitely has loose ring gaps so you can see quite some blowby at idle BUT, when we connect the drivers side to the RX catch can it STOPS venting, we put the hose on the other opening and same thing it does not vent, im sure when connected to the blower it was venting a LITTLE bit because he was getting a little oil in the can but as soon as we took off the RX catch can and put another some crappy china catch can with no mesh no check valve or weird stuff just as a method of collecting oil puddles from going into the inlet tube or blower and not trying to condense the oil in the otherwise gaseous blowby.

Yes we havent spoken to RX about it, but if RX wants I can even shoot a video of this happening since the blowby is very obvious when you point a flashlight at the PCV hoses.

You will not have those issues unless you really come up with something crazy like I guy I know who blocked the PCV hose completely because some idiot on the forum told him to do so

PS, not trying to start a fight here either.

1150bhp Whipple 4.0 Supercharged 427ci Camaro ZL1

Last edited by ayousef; 05-31-2013 at 11:08 PM.
ayousef is offline   Reply With Quote