View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #7
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Wow, that is some work. Kudos to you for putting it together.

Here's what I've learned about chemical guys: They make a ton of product, never retire the old, confuse their customers, their own showroom guys don't know the difference, and apart from their soaps, not much is great.

I am trying to completely use up all my chemical guys stuff and never buy into the hype again.
Funny you say that b/c that's the problem they've created for themselves. In an attempt not to lose existing or old customers they have confused their new customers and prospects. It's ironic b/c they have great product demonstration videos on their site and YouTube and the guys showing off the products seem genuinely to like them and believe in them. I don't feel as a viewer that I'm being sold to.

I'm a product manager and clearly their product line shows they don't have clear focus of WHAT and WHY. WHY relates to customer PAIN which is why I added the Use column. As a customer I want to know WHY (pain) I should use one of the products. TIP: people pay for pain meds. Vitamins are optional. Lots of the products' value statements are "lifts dirt and debris and won't harm your wax/sealant". Umm, ok .. but I want to know more than that.

I have noticed that some of their products seems to actually strip my wax/sealant job which is why, frankly, I spent the time to chart this all out. I don't want to strip away my sealant by merely washing my car each week.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote