View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #56
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Wow! I've owned Camaros for 8 years straight now... I'm on my 3rd 4th gen and I'm suprised you'd be scared to take it up to 150mph. I've done it and felt completely comfortable in doing so. Personally, I love the stock suspension that GM put in their 4th Gens. And......you'd also have to look at it from GM's perspective .....not everyone will be doing 150mph in their Camaros...and if they do, will only do it once or twice. Purchasing a very expensive suspension simply for speeds as those is pointless to me.

As far as floating at 70-80mph, what year was your Camaro? Those shocks must have gone bad or something. I've never heard anyone have that problem before. Crisp, quick, and agile....is how I best describe the feel of my SS....all on stock GM components. Pretty good stuff GM put in there! I don't doubt aftermarket will improve it...not at all, but great GM stuff for everyday driving as well as the occassional ROMP!
ss already came with a lil bit better suspension then a standard Z28, i have an 02. its not that i was scared really its i felt the whole body "wobble" side to side during simple lane changes. now its gone so i'm not trippin. I was referencing stock for stock my cobalt and my camaro. my cobalt stock for stock out does my camaro in handling, and ride comfort as well. i still love both cars, 2 entirely different cars and i love both of them.
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote