View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 10:46 AM   #1
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Detailed my Camaro: removed swirls and applied a coating

First off, I want to say a sincere thanks to Ron for letting me use his garage and time and supplies on detailing my Camaro. It's very much appreciated!!

It's been a while since I polished my own car and not having my own garage anymore, I asked for Ron's help and he agreed

My car had some mild to moderate swirling after a couple years and I wanted to get rid of those and apply a coating for its longevity.

Here's a pic similar to how it came. Not so dirty, but a few bugs. Note this is the next day so you won't see swirls in this pic. In fact, it was difficult to capture the swirls in the camera so no before pics, but they were visible to our eyes.

Process was wash with blackfire waterless, poorboys bug remover, didn't really need claying because I clayed three weeks ago, Ron used his flex and orange flat pad and fg400, I used my Rupes 21 and cyan hdrotech pad and fg400. No polishing was needed as you'll see.

We didn't have time to hit the wheels, tires, trim, interior etc so we focused on the paint.

After compounding, the paint was LSP ready. FG400 is amazing stuff!!

I apologize for not taking better before and after pics, but here's some after compounding pics:

After compounding, we washed the car. DP coating prep polish to remove oils and then gloss coat was applied.

At this point, it was dark out so here's a far pic to show you what it looked like in the sun (immediately after compounding) and some night shots.

I'll get some after shots in the light as soon as I get a chance!

Thanks for looking!

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote