View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #65
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking

I already knew about this trick, from what I understand this has been a long standing big secret about cars with computers. I tried this on my avalanche......unhook the battery(either post doesn't matter) turn the ignition key on and let it sit for at least an hour, turn the ignition back off, hook the battery back up and Whala! it actually works. Like any computer it has capacitors that hold a charge like that little lithium button battery you find on a mother board of a PC, whe the car battery is unhooked the computer has residual energy stored up, by turning on the ignition it helps dischsrge the computer and thus resetting the learning cycle that the computer has to go through.
Another thing to note that is very important, if you are to ever need to jump start someones car with yours, then make sure that your car is NOT on or running!, make sure the keys are out of the ignition! like any computer the one in your car can can collect information from the other car and whatever may be wrong with that car will be misconstrued as a problem with your car. If their car wont start straight from your battery then there is a whole lot more wrong with their car than just a bad battery.
007s 'Vert is offline   Reply With Quote