View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 08:18 PM   #27
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reichler View Post
He posted in another thread that he had:

Not my fault you can't do some research. It's only from a thread a few down from this one in the same forum and is what I referenced in my previous posts.

You also clearly only reads what you want to read. I said in my post what "I" have come across thru the years and the processes I've taken to remove them, not what he had and should necessarily need to perform. They were progressions from least aggressive to most aggressive that someone can take to pull various marks our of plastic lenses.

I still stand by my request to go polish a section of your car with toothpaste and to report back the results. I heard of that "old school" trick long ago, and have proven it to not work at all years ago when someone joked about it while detailing a car; it added micro-marring.

Let's just agree to disagree and move on, because continuing to bicker over our experience or suggestions clearly isn't getting anywhere.

Cheers.

OP; hope you can get it fixed. Let us know what ends up working for you.

And I still stand behind the 100% absolute fact that the abrasives in gel toothpaste are less aggressive then what's in a DAT finishing polish.

I also don't research other threads when responding to a question, other posts have nothing to do with the question in this post.

If anyone needs to do research on posts it's you, I believe you stated that everything I have ever posted is wrong. I'm sure you have read all 800 plus of them.

I have no need to polish my car with toothpaste. I compounded it about 18 months ago, and now I only need to use finishing polish (CarPro Reflect) on a Scholl Concepts Honey pad with my Rupes 21 to maintain the finish and gloss. I guess when you did all your research on me, you didn't read this thread I started.

Again I had no way of knowing what the OP has besides Adams Glass Cleaner. I also went least aggressive, which is initially using white vinegar, being mildly acidic. This didn't work, which proved the fact that the defects are not superficial.

I suggested the toothpaste as an alternative to polish, as he never stated that he did have any type of polish, before he jumped with the adams army and bought revive, which after using the finishing polish with no results, proves that buying the revive for this process would have been a waste of money.

I don't make posts unless I have tried a process with success using it. And then I always try to be as detailed as possible so the person requesting help can avoid any idiosyncrasies that may occur using the process.

I don't make up s!&T as you suggest, and I do not appreciate you implying that I do.

I have helped many on this forum and many have helped me as well, I'm not here to argue, but to help someone if I can (based upon what they say they have to work with), and to get help if I need it.

I will not let you or anyone else deter me from continuing to do both.

To the OP I would again suggest to remove the lens as Tecca stated, it's very easy to do. If nothing else you will be able to determine after it's removed if the defects are etching or interior, then proceed accordingly.

In case you didn't see them, I posted some pics of my 2012 and how to remove it.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote