View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 07:50 AM   #412
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
Sorry gentlemen, but even with the new software, at least in my case the SWC program is not retained upon power failure. It has been my finding that even the convenience controls are lost. When you first set these up you select the aftermarket configuration. Upon power failure you go back in and have to reselect aftermarket selection and reset the convenience settings. I also and this is my case, am not able to get the PAC unit to program any SWC pertaining to the phone. I can program everything else but not these. I have better luck just letting it stay in default program mode. At least some of the controls work, I just cannot reassign them to how I want them to work. But never the less even those are lost upon power failure. PAC say's they do not understand why. Of course all you get when you call them is their call center which is only available to dealers on Saturdays. I thought I was making progress with them for a while but now get the feeling I am on my own. I have ordered the parking brake bypass cable to see if this will unlock additional controls in my head unit.

The fix for the hazards is a step forward I guess.
Have you tried sending them an email direct to tech support from the web site? That's what I did.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote