View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #9
Abdi
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LE
In order to really bring your braking distance down to the full brake system potential you'll need better tires. This is the real compromise... You'll need to decide what benefit is most important to you. Long tire life, grip in dry conditions, grip in wet conditions, there is a sweet spot there for you somewhere.

Bleed the fluid before every event. Changing the lines is not necessary but could provide a little more feedback and confidence.

Proper track pads will give you good feedback over an increased temperature range. You may have experience some "pad fade" (different then fluid fade) but more than likely you over heated the tires.

Abdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTieBoy14 View Post
Thanks Norm, now that I am getting more comfortable at the track I will pay closer attention to how I am getting on and off the brakes. I will focus on more of a fast squeeze than a 0 to floor motion that I am probably unknowingly doing.

The general consensus sounds like the HP+ aren't exactly what I am looking for. I appreciate the help. I will look closer at the XP10/12s or possibly DTC lineup as Elihu suggested.

Elihu Smails, yes, I did track pads with 25k and 28K on them. As for the fluid it was new, but most likely Dot3. My first track day came up in haste as I got one week notice after making it off the wait list. At the time I was in an apartment with no time or place to do a flush myself to I took it to dealer and I imagine they used standard DOT 3. (I didn't know any better to ask for 4 at the time) I will be replacing with the Motul 600 dt4 fluid when I change the pads and brake lines.

Also sounds like I don't need to worry about the larger front splitter? I mean if I get function out of it great, but I'm trying to keep the doe towards handling / performance now, sex appeal can be added to later.

Thanks Guys
Abdi is offline   Reply With Quote