View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 04:43 AM   #53
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwi2112 View Post
I'm afraid my little 6 banger would just be in every ones way. I'll try to show up for the parade laps though. Do you go past the museum to get to the NCM track ? We did the plant tour last time and went to the museum.

Thanks
You would be incorrect sir. Don't forget this is a 3 mile track and you'll be spread out. Someone comes up in the rear view mirror you simply wave them by on the straight and press on. Also, lots of turns where you hang pretty good in a V6. This is also not a competition and just a great, safe place to REALLY get to know your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwi2112 View Post
Last time I got the impression it would be feasible to do autocross AND drag racing but the autocross finals took place at the same time as class drag racing. I did good on the friday autocross but was first out in finals so I could do some drag racing. Shame they can't come up with a way to do both. Not like they didn't have 2 years to figure it out
We've done this for 6 years and it's very difficult to actually compete in both. Best to pick one and then go have fun with the other. However, we do our best to accommodate folks who make the finals in both events and will evaluate that even more this year. Thanks for bringing it up.