View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #22
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
So yesterday, the remote start didn't work yet again. I sat in the car, turned the key and the car started up, I think a little sluggish, but that could be just a placebo effect. The car asked me to index the damn windows again too.

I didn't get a chance last night, but this morning instead of starting the car, I code scanned her. This is the code I received.....

P2105 - Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Engine Shutdown

WTF? Anyway car started right up this morning when I had the key in, didn't try remote start.

I don't get it, how come these issues pop up only in the AM? Throughout the day afterwards I have no issues starting the car up.

I am gonna clear the code tonight, and see if this is one of those remnant codes I was getting from the earlier troubles a week ago.

The other codes haven't popped back up, so
I've got to agree with Scrming. Definately sounds like an electrical issue that could be related to the cold temps.

Where did you run the power lines for the oil press gauge? jw...

you may have a faulty ground somewhere that is slowly draining your battery over night (mixed with cold temps that can cause issues with batteries as well). IIRC, the TB can cause issues as well

I've got a kinda-similar issue with my truck that when I lock the truck with the button (or fob) and let it sit overnight, the next morning (usually if its been cold out), when I go to unlock the truck, the fob doesnt work and when I use my key, it sets the alarm off. and then I have to reprogram the key fob as the truck doesnt respond to it after that point. I've got an electrical gremlin that is draining the battery and resetting the ecm and bcm overnight.

If you want to Blade, I may be able to work some free time out this weekend if you wanted to drive down.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote