View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #59
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
Yeah John, I am concerned to the point of wondering if I will take this car to the track again. I averaged once a month since March, and even bought a trailer to haul it around. Ironically the first time I used the trailer was when the bags blew.

I think there are some people that still are missing the point of this. I don't believe there is a defect (at least not in my car), the system was designed to work with a stock car. My mistake was not realizing sooner that the Camaro SS is not a sports car, although you can certainly modify it to work better. However, GM didn't design this car so you could turn it into a road course monster. Their safety systems are designed for an everyday driver in stock form. I learned an expensive lesson. Don't modify your car and expect GM to be OK with it when something f*s up. The old saying "gotta pay to play" holds up here. My advice, proceed at your own risk.

As for filing this with my insurance company, it won't fly. I was not on a public road, and my ins. co. doesn't cover this stuff when a car is used in this manner. My wife used to work for them and told me this before I ever went to the track. Fortunately she's be cool with this expensive set back and hasn't given me any grief about tracking in the future.

Just one more reason to buy the agreed value HPDE insurance offered at most events.