View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 07:09 AM   #4
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
I'm right there with you. Did a track day in October and learned just how bad the under-steer is on mine (aftermarket wheels but with factory 275/245 staggered setup). I've bounced off of every wall trying to decide the best course of action. Just too many options. I've considered just throwing the kitchen sink at it, then reeled myself back in to something a little more conservative to start with while I, too, work on my driving. I'm not trying to build a racer-car, but do want to make some improvements to maximize my fun time at the track.

Before my next outing I'm going to put an adj rear bar on it and it'll be on a squared 275 or 285 setup using dot/track 200tw tires.
#1 handling mod for a 5th gen SS - get the tires square. Understeer will be dramatically reduced. At very low speeds, it's still a big heavy car, so you'll still find the understeer, but overall the balance moves much closer to neutral - pay attention the first time you get into a high speed chicane as the car is gonna rotate a lot easier and faster with the same amount of input!
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote