View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #29
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I installed my amp yesterday, using the wiring harness that I made. It works almost as I had hoped it would.

I used the solid blue wire on the PAC harness for my remote amp. My amp behaves as follows:

Ignition off / Radio off: Amp off
Ignition off / Radio on: Amp on
Ignition on / Radio off: Amp on (I don't like this)
Ignition on / Radio on: Amp on

I'm not sure why amp turns on even when the radio is off. You can't hear any noise coming from the speakers, but the LED on the amp turns green. I'm not sure if the factory BA system behaves like this or not.

I also ran my front speaker wire back into the harness as I said I would. Right now, my system needs some serious tuning. My Focals should be here on Tuesday, but for now I'm using the factory speakers powered by my amp. The rear speakers are louder than the front, for mids. The sub is overpowering everything. I also need to get some foam tape to wrap the wires in.

I used a 0dB 1kHZ test tone to set the gain for the front and rear channels and a 0dB 50Hz tone to set the sub (all at 75% of max volume). I used 12.3V for the front and rear channels and set the sub to 33.6V. With the same volume setting I was getting about 7-9V in the trunk on the RCA lines.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote