View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
ninety6
2xSOM

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS | 2002 Camaro V6 vrt
Ok. I have done some looking back at how i did the auto-up/down feature on my 4th Gen. I used two main things: DEI 530T to control auto up/down on both windows (4 controllers) -- i think this is overkill for this project. 2nd is a DEI 528T Pulse Timer Relay Module.

I think this project can be done simple by adding the DEI 528T (~$15 on ebay) inline with the 2nd contact (if it exists) in the sunroof CLOSE button.

• The 528T takes a pulse (you tapping the button), and turns it into a 0 - 90 seconds "hold" of the button (closes the circuit for XX seconds)
  • timing is adjustable on the 528T and would need to be adjusted for slightly longer than it takes to shut the sunroof with the car off.
  • 528T is good for 15amps.

My questions are:
  1. once i do this, how bad is it to have to pulse keep going once the sunroof is shut (only a second) -- I assume no worse than holding the button down
  2. if i do this, what happens if i change my mind and hit the OPEN button w/o waiting for the 528T to deactive on its timer?

I don't fully understand relays all the time (just sometimes)... so... electronics experts... thoughts?
ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote