View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #37
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Originally we though parts were going to be $4,500 or so. They are giving me discounted labor so I budgeted $1,500. With the extra cost of the turbos, the custom intercooler and same extras I've asked for I'm probably $1,000 over budget on parts (haven't got all the detailed invoices yet). I would expect the labor to be a bit more than budgeted, too.

I was hoping to show this could be done for $6-6.5K even as a custom job, but that's out of the window now. I still think you can, but I want this thing to be safe, perform well and last a long time. For me it's worth the extra money because I'll keep this if and when I do decide to get the Z06.

Talked to Vince about the need for a potentiometer to boost the low-pressure fuel pump and he thinks he can do it from the ECU, but it may take a bit to figure that out. I figure I can always by the MSD kit later if it takes too long, but I'm going to hate all this stuff that you have to set and/or program separately. Have you given any thought about this?
Yes, sometimes I think I should just be happy with the 5 psi. boost and be done. But then, I want more. However, its amazing how much more problems the higher boost causes throughout the system. The real problem is we don't have any aftermarket help when the problems reveal themselves. I glad you and others are stepping up to build systems.

Now if the Z-28 gets announced soon, I will be done the V-6 and be moving on to a Supercharged Z. lol
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote