View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
I carry medium/large frame pistols at 3:30 - 4:00 IWB/OWB. I do carry a Commander sized 1911 AIWB, but it gets "crowded" while sitting in the car LOL

My J frame can be "adjusted" as to clear the seats, but everything else would need to be worn crossdraw. I love custom holsters - but I can't afford one for every weapon I carry. I'll stick with the P239 worn in elephant trimmed Nightingale crossdraw holster. If it's cooler weather where a larger weapon can be carried outside the car, I'll just make the switch...unless I have a date with a lady that's not cool around guns.

I was just wondering if anyone had an idea. Some members seem very resourceful fabricating parts/custom items for their Camaro.
I used to carry an old S&W 4013 which is small but larger than the Shield. I would say similar in size to a Commander.

As far as mounting something to the car a few things I would think of are, legal requirements. Also a location that is accessible. The glove box is no good. I wouldn't like anything on the passenger side of the console and I feel like anything near my knee/thigh would be in the way.

Possibly something under the steering column?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk