View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Convertible Audio Details

In case you haven't heard, I finally got my car. The car as a whole is sweet as hell. However, In my opinion, the sound system in it is even more disappointing than in the coupe I had. So the first night I had it, I pulled it in the garage and started tearing it apart to see if I could figure out some details. Here's what I know so far.

1. The amp in convertible is very similar, but it has a different part number. See my hypothosis below.
2. The factory subwoofer is located right behing the rear seat. I'll post some pics later. The subwoofer is a 10" boston and is dual 2ohm coils. It's a paper cone sub and when you crank it up, it barely moves. You can't even see it moving. Just kinda vibrates a little bit.
3. The rear speakers by the seat I haven't exposed yet so I don't know what I'll find there. Probaby a set of 6.5".
4. According to the wiring going to the sub, these are the same wires that go to the mid (sub) in the coupe 6x9. Therefore my hypothosis right now is that the difference in the amp is just rear crossover settings. I'm thinking that the wires in the coupe that power the rear tweeters are made full range in the vert and the other two sets power the dvc stock sub.

Eventually I'll pull the seat and plastic to see what the rear speakers are like. But for now I decided to focus on the subwoofer. I'll add some pics in here later and show what our progress and what we've done so far
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote