View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 04:47 AM   #307
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PutPut113 View Post
thanks for helping me clear this up, this is what i was getting confused with reading through the threads.

please excuse my ignorance, but im not that good at reading the schematics of the wiring. so in order to hook these into the ABL - i'm going into the passenger side panel, locating a purple wire (im assuming this is the X6-7), and putting a t-tap on that to connect the red wires of the footwell lights, and grounding the black footwell wire to a nearby bolt?

that sound about right? thanks!

No, The BCM is in the driver side footwell (up above the pedals). Connector X6 is the Pink plug next to the gray plug which is the plug used for the dome light method.
See the pink connector in this image?

If you want to attach to the ABL follow this post. Which tells you about the ABL connector in the passenger kick panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennnchuck View Post
on the passenger side, down by your feet there is a plastic side panel that comes off. in there is a wiring harness, that leads out to the door, in that harness is a purple wire. if you t-tap that wire and any black wire from the same harness you will be tapped into the abl lighting. i will include a picture of it.
That is the easiest thing to do, otherwise you can connect it to the BCM ABL wire, which again is on the pink connector under the dash above the pedals.
If you want to connect to the BCM plug X6 wire 7 then find wire 7 on the pink plug.
Use this image to determine which wire is 7

Start counting wires from the top right as if you were looking at the connector unplugged face on. they follow the same sequence as the plug shown above, I am not positive if these connectors have 12 wires total or not, but the concept is the same, but the wire may not end up on the same location of the connector. Meaning if the pink connector only has 10 wires then wire 7 would not be on the corner but one wire in from that.
If you decide to connect to the wire in the passenger side footwell, as the post mentions use any black wire for the ground. If you decide to connect it to the BCM, attach the ground wire to a bolt/screw as shown in post 1.

I hope this helps clear it up.

Last edited by SummoneR; 01-18-2011 at 04:59 AM.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote