View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #247
superman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteCZM523 View Post
Just did this Install, and didnt want to have the footwell lights running off the Dome light. I wanted them to be on at the same time as the rest of the Ambient Lighting in the car. After some testing/prodding/poking with a Volt-Meter and found a wire that works perfectly!!

The above wire is located behind the Driver's Side kick panel, and is yellow. To get to it you will need to open the door, and remove the panel that covers the fuse box. Then you will see that there is a little blue tab that holds the kick panel in place, push it up to unlock it and the rest is just held in with plastic pop pins. If you need me to post pics of the location i will!

Also, the lights now come on when you open the drivers side door, and turn off the same way the dome light does (theater dimming). They also turn on whenever the headlights are on!! I wired up a rocker switch, which i hid in the glove box to have the ability to turn them off completely, on all the time, or on with the rest of the ABL.
Is the red electrical tape from proding? Also is this yellow wire present in 1SS cars?
superman is offline   Reply With Quote