View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #14
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoryred69 View Post
Mace is currently shipping over 3 different sized insulators, I'm going to keep track of temps and I'm going to attempt for vararam to fit best sized insulator. Manifold will be ported though , doubt it skew results for temps, can't wait !

I'll keep you guys posted ! Good results on your part though thanks for the investigation
that'll be interesting to see how that works out with varaam. one of the things i really enjoy about this forum is the ingenuity of the members and the ideas that get kicked around. the best of luck to you and the other varaam owners. once you get your initial temps you mind if i steal em and add em to this post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Currently available or is this a prototype? I don't see them listed on the website.
Also any pics of the insulator before install? Bmorecam was saying there would be changes in the design for better flow/fitting for the LLT. Did you observe this ?
Thank-you for posting your results!
the original 25mm was delayed as it was revised due to Bmorecam's recommendations to port match. i've uploaded a photo that should hopefully show that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
subscribed and thanks for doing the work for all of us LLT folks.
it was my pleasure to be a part of this and finally feel like in some small way i've contributed to the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Good job aaron.. About 10-14tq off peak would you say it looks like? Either way, the gain is very nice all the way to 5500rpm. It look like another very nice cheap ported tb type of mod
thanks Jay...glad you found these guys and got them on board. thanks for all your help. the off peak TQ is amazing. i'll post up new results once i get an updated tune from vince and then again on E85 (not necessarily in that order)...should produce some awesome gains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
how much does this cost
not to be a dick, but this post is strictly about the results from testing the insulators.