View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #43
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
I sense a severe lack of understanding of bolt on mods and their benefits on with LFX owners....
I've noticed a couple posts that are a bit "off" as well...but we all have to start somewhere.

Concerning high flow cats and Headers....they basically go hand in hand (usually). If you COULD do LT headers, that would not add another 15 HP on top of the already 10 to 15 that high flow cats might provide. Intead they would work together like they do on the LLT providing somewhere between 15 to 20 total horsepower.

SOLO claims 15 HP for LLT for their HFC setup. So for the LFX, that should be fairly close which is why I say 10 to 15 HP. You guys are already getting better flow (from what GM claims anyway) via the integrated exhaust, so I would not expect more than that.

Now as we all know, once you start adding more and more bolt ons to your car, they almost always do not provide as much of a gain as they would on an otherwise stock car. That said, it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect at least 340HP with intake and HFC and maybe 350.

What we need is more LFX guys to get on the dyno with mods like this and see what they really do (with a base run as comparison...otherwise you really have no idea what you've gained).

I also think you guys should not downplay a tune...even you manual guys. A tune really seems to make the car more responsive and has been proven to add 13 HP on a stock LLT car. For 4 to 5 hundred bucks, thats really not much if any more expensive for the performance gained than some intakes and is less expensive than the SOLO HFCs. But as of now we still don't know what a tune does for the LFX. Could be something great, or could be a dud....who knows?

I still think you guys even with the small amount of mods available should be able to get some nice numbers.