View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 05:23 AM   #9
Aug

Drives: 2014 2SS MT, Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbooker13 View Post
Hey guys. I bought a 2014 Camaro SS 1LE this weekend and I'm loving it. I came from imports since I've been driving, and I'm loving driving a V8 American car. But I do have some questions. The car only has 32,000 miles. I've searched the forums as much as I can, but my transmission is a little loud. It makes the mechanical noise in the low gears, but goes away when you get it the higher rpms. Also, I know the cars stiff, but my car does kind of make some clunking noises over loud speed bumps when I go slow over them. And finally, should I be worried about clutch noise as in clunking on low Rpm shifts and there's also a slight click when I let out the clutch in gear while rolling down the road. I'm sorry if these are common questions, but like I said I honestly admit to knowing virtuously nothing about these cars, and am looking forward to learning. Thanks
I have an SS, not 1LE...clunking over bumps - I thought I had a a worn suspension parts somewhere, tunrs out it was the rear brake pads...I determined this accidentally. It sounded to me like something in the front end, but I replaced the rear pads for a different reason, all noise over bumps gone. I was really surprised. And as far as driveline, unfortunatley does seem to be normal.
Aug is offline   Reply With Quote