View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Beau Tie

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2007 Camry
Send a message via AIM to Beau Tie
Random Camaro Questions

I am getting very excited about getting my Camaro, like the rest of of you. However, I still have 8 payments left on my 4 year lease on my Cobalt. I don't want to go "upsidedown" to get into the Camaro, so I will have to be patient and wait.

GM used to have a 6 month "pull ahead" program, allowing you to get out of your lease early with no penalty. When I contacted the sales person at my local Chevrolet dealer, she said that GM is only offering 2 months early for the pull ahead program. So that would be about 6 payments (if they still have the 2 month program when 6 months are up).

I am really surprised that they wouldn't try to offer me a 6 month pull ahead, based on how poorly GM is doing. I figured they would do anything to get me into their car. Maybe not.

So, does anyone else have piss poor salesman experiences? All my life, besides one salesman, they seem very UNHELPFUL. This sales girl I have been working with is an "internet" sales person. She RARELY answers my email questions completely. An example was, I asked her the other day:

Are you getting a Camaro in soon? And if so, do you know when? Will the Camaro be arriving for a customer, and it's already sold? Or will it be locked in the showroom? Would I be able to test drive it even though I am not ready to get out of my lease yet? Will it be in the showroom to sit in?

Her reply: "yes, we are getting a Camaro in soon". That is one example of how "detailed" these sales people are with me. I asked about getting a Camaro brochure, if they had them, and if not when would they get them, and would she mail me one? Her reply "we have ordered them".

She emailed me other day "Did you want to come in and see if we can roll your remaining lease payments into a new Camaro when it comes in? Or maybe we can do a trade in, and roll the difference into your new car?" What part of me telling her earlier that I don't WANT to roll my payments doesn't she understand?

Do these people WANT my $25k? Does GM WANT business? I mean, why is sales that dense?

Now that I am done with my soap....does anyone here have a V6 Camaro that they want to give a mini-review on? I am getting an 1LT, and I want to hear everything about it (besides what we have read at MotorTrend, C&D, Autoblog, etc.).

Thanks fellow Camaro fanatics!